Where San Antonio Ranks
Top 100: According to R&D Magazine, the SwRI-developed direction-finding antenna is one of the 100 most significant innovations of 2019.
- The awards are among the most prestigious innovation awards programs globally.
- Since 1971, SwRI has won 45 R&D 100 Awards.
No. 1: Lake Flato named the nation’s top architecture firm by Architect magazine.
- Firms were ranked in the categories of design, sustainability, and business, with Lake Flato placing especially high in design (third) and sustainability (11th) out of 182 firms.
- Lake Flato is known locally for the Witte Museum’s expansion, the DoSeum, and the AT&T Center.
No. 1: San Antonio is the best city for veterans to live in 2020 based on survey data from Veterans United Home Loans.
- Factors included veteran unemployment rate, population, adjusted income, and higher education facilities approved for VA benefits.
No. 79: Trinity University ranked in the top 100 universities and colleges in the country, according to WalletHub.
- The study measured 33 metrics including selectivity, cost, and career outcomes.
- Among Texas schools, Trinity ranked second for faculty resources, third for selectivity, fifth for career outcomes, and seventh for educational outcomes.
Four San Antonio area universities among the best for veterans, according to Military Times.
- The study is focused on university culture, support, academic policies, outcomes, military enrollment numbers, and more.
- UIW ranked highest among San Antonio schools at 12th in the country.
Gold Medal: San Antonio wins a gold medal from CityHealth for its efforts to improve health and quality of life for its residents.
- The award reflects San Antonio’s efforts to ensure that healthy food is available in cafeterias, daycares, hospitals, and park vending machines.
- Out of the 40 U.S. cities that CityHealth evaluated, San Antonio is one of eight to receive a gold medal in 2019.
- EcoDevo 360 eNewsletter