Where San Antonio Ranks
No. 1: San Antonio is the top-ranked metro area for growth at women-owned businesses
- San Antonio also ranked 13th in growth of its number of women-owned firms and 7th in revenue growth at women-owned firms
No. 1: It’s no surprise that Military City, USA ranks as the top city for Veterans to live, according to Veterans United.
- San Antonio’s large veteran population, resources for veterans transitioning out of the military and cost of living helped the city land the #1 spot.
No. 8: San Antonio is one of the best cities to launch a startup
- The ranking used seven metrics: startup density, startup growth, investment in businesses, employment at startups, self-employment, education and cost of living.
No. 18: San Antonio is among the most cost-competitive places to live for millennials, according to GoBankingRates
- The ranking factored the overall cost of living, median monthly rent, median home price, and three-year change in a city’s millennial population.
Top 7: San Antonio’s Muertos Fest is among the 7 best fall festivals in the United States, according to National Geographic Magazine.
- The annual festival honors Mexico’s traditional Day of the Dead celebrations.
No. 23: San Antonio ranked one of the most fun cities in America, according to WalletHub
- Considered entertainment and recreation, nightlife and parties, and costs.
No. 10: San Antonio is the 10th best big city in America, based on a poll by Conde Nast Traveler.
- In the poll, readers of the lifestyle and luxury magazine were asked to name their favorite city.
- The River Walk, The Alamo, The Pearl District, Fiesta, and the Japanese Tea Garden are some of the major attractions that draw people to the city.
No. 1: La Cantera Resort & Spa named by Conde Nast Traveler as the best resort in the southwest and 8th in the U.S. overall.
- St. Anthony Hotel also ranked 3rd best hotel in Texas.
- EcoDevo 360 eNewsletter