Where San Antonio Ranks
No. 2: San Antonio is again among the U.S. cities with the largest population growth.
- The U.S. Census Bureau released growth data for July 2017 – July 2018 citing San Antonio with the second largest population growth for this time period.
- From mid-2017 to mid-2018, an estimated 20,824 people or 57 per day moved to the city.
No. 4: Top destinations for do-it-yourself movers? San Antonio ranks among the top 5.
- U-Haul's Annual List of Top Destinations cited that San Antonio saw a 2% year-over-year increase in one-way U-Haul truck arrivals, indicating more do-it-yourself movers are arriving in the city over previous years.
No. 5: San Antonio ranks as a top 5 “buy” market for 2019 by Ten X Commercial, a commercial real estate transaction platform.
- “Overall, the Southwest region exhibits better buyer demographics and stronger economies, which provide a boost to traditional retail.”
No. 12: San Antonio ranks high among the nation’s top travel destinations for Summer 2019.
- Wallet Hub reviewed factors including travel costs, hassle, local costs, attraction, weather, and activities.
- San Antonio ranked highest for its local costs and attractions.
No. 30: When it comes to the best places to start a business, San Antonio offers a supportive and cost competitive environment.
- Inc. Magazine’s Surge Cities ranking evaluates cities based on entrepreneurship rates, growth, job creation and funding deals to assess which cities are poised for more entrepreneurial growth.
- “Affordable housing, business incentives, and jobs--especially high-paying ones in finance, cybersecurity, tech, and defense--are drawing workers and entrepreneurs alike.”
- EcoDevo 360 eNewsletter